How To Make a Perfect Pumpkin Spice Coffee Latte at Home
Nothing beats the feeling of a warm cup of coffee on a brisk, fall morning. What’s even better is adding bold fall flavors to that coffee such as nutmeg, pumpkin, cinnamon, and clove along with creamy pureed pumpkin and whole milk.
We like this coffee recipe from the Food Network because it makes one delicious homemade pumpkin spice latte. Make sure to double or triple the recipe if you are sharing this with others. Now you and your friends can enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Latte without even having to leave the comfort of your home.
- 1 cup of milk (can substitute with a dairy alternative such as soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of espresso or strongly brewed coffee like Detroit Bold’s Forgotten Harvest Dark Roast
- ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream for serving
How to prepare:
- Put the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Punch small holes in the plastic wrap and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until the milk is hot.
- Whisk the mixture until it becomes foamy.
- Make the espresso or brewed coffee and pour it into a mug.
- Add the foamed milk to the coffee in the mug. After, add the whipped cream on top. If you would like you can sprinkle some extra pumpkin pie spice on top as well.
For other coffee tips, recipes, and more information about Detroit Bold Coffee, click here
As you might know, we have a passion for the city and the people of Detroit. Detroit Bold chooses to support Forgotten Harvest by donating a portion of the proceeds back to this incredible cause. We blend two types of Forgotten Harvest handcrafted roasts; a light roast and a dark roast. We chose these blends because they go perfectly with the cool Fall weather. The light and dark roasts are a perfect hit for get-togethers with friends & family. You can enjoy this seasonal blend of coffee right now! Stock up with extras knowing it’s a perfect holiday blend & you are supporting a great cause with every sip you take!
Written By Megan Arthur: Megan is an all around coffee aficionado who loves sharing her coffee tips with the world and scours the United States for the best coffee beans to put in her espresso machine.
Thanks to the Food Network for a great coffee recipe! (found here)