Check out this really easy way to make iced coffee at home.
Easy Iced Coffee Recipe
- Make a pot of coffee (use Detroit Bold)
- Let the coffee cool for 60 minutes off the coffee maker burner
- Pour your freshly brewed coffee into a safe container
- Pour delicious, freshly ground coffee into a coffee filter
- Tie a rubber band around the coffee filter so the grounds don’t escape. (This is a Detroit-Style filter bag)
- Place your Detroit-Style filter bag into the coffee container
- Cover and let it soak for 24 hours
Use multiple Detroit-Style filter bags for large batches.
Mix with your favorite cream and sugar, then serve your coffee over ice!
Step by Step Instructions: How to Make Iced Coffee at Home from Hot Coffee
- Make a pot of coffee (use Detroit Bold) and let it cool
- Prepare a microwave safe bowl or jar
3. Pour your Detroit Bold Coffee into the container
4. Create a Detroit-Style coffee bag by pouring coffee into a regular filter.
5. Tie the top of the filter off with a rubber band so the grounds stay sealed in the filter.
6. Let the Detroit-Style coffee bag soak in the container, in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
What’s the end result? Delicious, Detroit-Style iced coffee made at home, loaded with an extra dose of caffeine to kick start your day!
Benefits of Iced Coffee
According to Healthy Living Made Simple: Coffee contains many phytochemicals, antioxidants and other nutrients that research has shown as beneficial to our bodies. Luckily, some research has shown you can still have your daily coffee(s) if you brew it cold. Coffee brewed hot is far more acidic than cold-brewed, according to a number of scientific studies, and some say cold-brewed coffee even has a sweeter taste because of its lower acidity.